The Maspes Vigorelli Velodrome
The Maspes Vigorelli Velodrome, after seventeen years of closure, is back on the track cycling scene.
On Saturday 26 May 2018 the “Vigorelli Grand Prix” will take place, an event organized by Criterium Italia, and the Velodromo Vigorelli Committee, which brings fans of this specialty on the track.
The Vigorelli Velodrome, built in 1935 and dedicated in 2000 to Antonio Maspes (7 times World Champion in speed), until the day of its closure saw his whole ring challenge all the biggest pistard of the world scene, in the men’s and women’s field.
Thanks to the creation of the Vigorelli Committee, for several years the velodrome has reopened its doors to track, the first regulated sporting event is organized from the day of its closure.
OFFICIAL PROGRAM OF THE EVENT
– opening hours for 13 hours
– Meeting time and check-in from 2:00 pm;
- closing time card verification at 3:30 pm;
- the competitions will take place from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
TYPE OF COMPETITIONS
1) Elimination race (open registration, the number of members will eventually determine more batteries, the race will be valid for the Italian Team Championship);
2) Individual pursuit (max 16 participants);
3) Speed “Coppa Maspes” (max 8 participants);
4) Surplace competition (open registrations);
5) Revolution Longest Lap (max 20 participants);
– each participant can register for up to 3 competitions;
- awards at 19:00.
-Write an email to Info@criteriumitalia.it specifying:
Name and surname
Races to which you want to register (maximum 3)
The sporting event is open to the public for free, with opening gates at 3 pm, there will also be a small expo area.
Then mark the appointment. Vigorelli Grand Prix, Saturday 26 May 2018, an event that is already an appointment.